Health and Safety Policy Statement
As a member of Bromley and District Angling Society you will be responsible for:
- • Taking reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your actions.
- • Co-operating with the Committee to enable compliance with health and safety responsibilities.
- • Complying with health and safety instructions and rules, including those on safe use of equipment at working parties.
- • Keep health and safety issues at the front of your mind at all times.
- • Keep swims tidy and hazard free whilst fishing.
- • Report all health and safety concerns, potential risks or hazards, however minor, to a Society official immediately.
- • Co-operating with the Committee’s investigations of any incident or accident which has, or may have, lead to an injury.
- • Ensure that any health and safety equipment or signs are not interfered with and report any shortcomings.
- • Each member is responsible for his own competence in angling. If for any reason you are concerned about your personal safety or welfare because of your skill, health, communication problems or other reasons, you are advised to fish with an experienced angling partner.
- • You are to ensure that when parking at any of the society’s venues you do not obstruct entrances that may be used for emergency access.
- • In the event of any emergency phone 999 or 112.